February 22nd-24th, 2017- Marriott Griffin Gate Resort and Spa in Lexington, KY will host THE BEST leadership Training Opportunity that you will have to earn up to 15 EILA hours (some will be FREE again), connect with other school counselors, and remember why you have chosen the best profession in the school! Mark your calendars.
SAVE THE DATE!!
February 22nd-24th, 2017. The One and Only Leadership Training designed just for you--the School Counselor!
- Call For Programs 2017
- Be a Sponsor
- Breakout Session Application
- Pre-Conference Workshop Application
- 2017 Conference Registration
- Hotel Reservation
- Exhibitor Information Handout
- 2017 Conference at a Glance
- 2017 Preconference Description
- 2017 Breakout Descriptions
- 2017 Keynote Speakers
- 2017 Conference Flyer
- 2017 Conference Details
Highlights from our 2016 KSCA Conference: DELIVERING 5-STAR COUNSELING SERVICES
By Carol Lewis, KSCA Event Director
542 school counselors from across the Commonwealth met in Lexington on February 24-26, 2016 to participate in the BEST professional development of the year! Conference attendees listened as Tara Brown, The Connection Coach, an award-winning educator, trainer, speaker and author, delivered a standing ovation Keynote Presentation on the power of connections to shift attitudes, transform culture, and unleash potential. The afternoon general session was presented by Jenna Day, former Miss Kentucky and a top fifteen finalist in the Miss America program, as she spoke with attendees on the importance of instilling in students the power of setting goals and following your dreams. The closing session was presented by Nolan Marx, from The Leader in Me program. Nolan’s message inspired and empowered counselors to continue to create sustainable cultures of leadership and accountability within their schools. In addition to the amazing keynote speakers, there were over 60 breakout sessions plus pre-and post-conference workshops, some offered for FREE! With 15 EILA hours of workshops and sessions to choose from it was definitely the place for Kentucky School Counselors to be! If a picture is “worth a thousand words” then here is a snapshot of what attendees had to say about this year’s 2016 KSCA Conference! (These comments are direct quotes taken from the online post-conference survey)
• This is my favorite and the best conference I attend all year! Perfect again this year!
• Great break-out sessions, great location, wonderful luncheon and speakers. Overall awesome conference. • I loved it, as always. I like that there's a lot of variation between presenters' backgrounds and knowledge. I REALLY loved the photo booth---bring that back next year! It was good to be able to access a lot of the documents via drop-box or email thanks to fantastic and flexible presenters, so that I didn't have a huge lot of papers to travel home with. I am always eager to hear from Dr. Sexton, and would LOVE for you all to continue bringing him back. He gives me the tools I need to be re-motivated and reminded on providing solid supports for my kids. One of my favorite sessions was the character Strengths session on Friday presented by two NKU students.
• Overall, I thought it was worthwhile. The networking and collaboration opportunities were beneficial. The main Keynote was powerful.
• I really enjoyed the variety of sessions to attend. I liked the breakfast for first timers. Tara Brown was a great keynote speaker choice.
• I loved getting to share ideas and feeling rejuvenated by hearing the key note speakers!
• I loved it! This is my first year and I thought every session was very beneficial. The speakers were phenomenal. I got a lot of information to help me.
• Full of wonderful information. Excellent keynote speakers. Well organized and very accommodating. Warm.
• It was excellent as usual. Everyone did their jobs with their usual professionalism. I was really happy about the over 500 attendance. I love the chance to see all the counselors that I rarely see!!! Sessions, exhibits speakers were appropriate.
• Fantastic! The best KSCA conference that I have been to!
• The conference was great. The break-out sessions were very informative.
• I came away from the conference refreshed and recharged! I attended a LOT of very helpful sessions, and the keynote speakers were all excellent! The food was great too!
• I loved my time at the KSCA conference this year! It was my first time attending this conference and I found it to be very inspiring. I also gave two presentations while at the conference and found that attendees were very engaged and encouraging throughout my presentations. I look forward to attending again next year.
• I found it very helpful to get a chance to network with counselors from across the state of Kentucky and to attend some great workshops.
• Awesome sessions both preconference and breakout sessions - lots of great networking and resources to take away!!!!
• This one of the best conferences we have had in sometime. There was excitement and lots of professional learning. Thank you
• Very informative and uplifting
• This was my first KSCA conference and I had a great time learning and sharing with others. The pre-conference was good and Adina Cobham Headley's session on Differentiated Instructional Strategies was outstanding. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. Tara Brown's opening keynote address was superb! The photo booth was a fun activity for the Connection Reception, and the food was delicious. This was a great, informal way to connect with others in the field.
• I enjoyed the sessions that I attended. Tara Brown was fantastic. The representative from Franklin Covey was so interesting. Mindfulness was another useful session. Hands on Help with Leslie Miller gave wonderful tools for the counselors toolbox too.
• The conference was very nice, and I received several great ideas that I am in the process of implementing already.
• It was outstanding! The testimonials and speakers were all inspirational!
• Really enjoyed it!! Lots of good sessions. Enjoyed the time to reflect on my practices as a school counselor and learn new ideas/strategies.
• Excellent Conference!!! Very Different sessions to go to.... It was great to see a lot of Minority Counselors attending!!!
• The conference was amazing! There were an array of topics addressed, just wish there was time to attend all of the breakout sessions.
• I thought this year's conference was excellent! There was a wide variety of breakout sessions to choose from, many were fresh new topics. The food was delicious and the facility was clean and comfortable as always. I was very pleased to see such a large crowd and so many young people attending. Great Job!
• Absolutely loved conference this year! I always learn something new and interesting, but this year I truly felt appreciated for my efforts and profession. It was so nice to be catered to.
• I had a great time at the conference and gained some great knowledge. The sessions were both motivating and practical.
• All of the breakout sessions that I attended presented very useful information that I can utilize in my school counseling program. I thought that the general sessions were also very enlightening and motivating.
• The Presentations were exceptional. I was very impressed by the Guest Speakers.
• It was one of the best I had been to. I attended 6 sessions. There was a lot for me and I wish I could have cloned myself because of so many that applied to me. For the first time, I really enjoyed the Awards luncheon. We have a lot of great administrators and counselors with lots of great things going on.
• I thought this was one of the better conferences that I have attended lately. Each of the breakout sessions I attended was very helpful and informative.
• Overall I thought it was very good. The information I learned is immediately applicable to my work. I appreciated the update information regarding early graduation, KHEAA programs and FAFSA changes, especially. The vendors present were good, too.
• It was wonderful! I felt like there was a great variety of sessions offered, and sessions covering the same topic were staggered nicely! I love the Photobooth and chair massages.
• I really enjoyed this year's conference. I gained valuable resources and insight that will help me going forward.
• Great set-up logistically and the food/amenities are tremendous. Break- out sessions needs to continue to be expanded.
• It is my favorite conference of the year. It is always well organized and well attended.
• Outstanding! Tara Brown was AMAZING!! What a way to kick off the conference!! All sessions were informative and very well organized. Exhibitors had very useful information. The meals provided were superb. "Connection Reception" on Thursday night was most enjoyable. Marriott Griffin Gate was the perfect host! Can't wait until the 2017 conference!
• I think it was a great opportunity to network and the overall conference was inspiring and insightful. Thank you for all the hard work in planning and preparation!
• Keynote speakers were fabulous and I walked away feeling very rejuvenated. I also enjoyed a couple of sessions that gave me some more counseling strategies.
• I enjoyed the conference and gained practical knowledge that I can use to enhance and improve my counseling skills.
• It was a great conference. A perfect balance of professional ideas and information sprinkled with fun social activities. I am looking forward to next year.
• I have been to this conference 15 years in a row and this was probably was one of the best. It is nice to have the lunch free on Wednesday. The connection reception was really good. The accommodations are wonderful.
• It was great! It's so nice to be with people who experience similar events as you do on a daily basis. I got some great classroom guidance ideas.
• It was awesome! I really enjoyed the whole thing this year! The Keynote Speaker on Thursday morning was so motivated! Also, I loved how mindfulness and the importance of our job was involved throughout the conference! • OPGES session was GREAT!!!!!